Ten absolutely gargantuan drum tunes coming your way. Quicker than a Neil Peart roll, cooler than a Steve Gadd swing, and heavier than a Phil Collins snare. From stadium-rock anthems to dainty pop ballads, via everything in between, behold: some of the drumming pantheon’s greatest performances.
How have they been assembled? These tunes, while featuring astonishing skill, inspired creativity and a pioneering approach to drumming, together exhibit the broadest possible array of styles and techniques. Quality is important, but organising an even spread is no less crucial here.
That’s because you, the drummer, should be exposed to as much as can be shown in the space of ten songs that are optimal to learn. Go and find these works on nkoda, witness just what it is that makes this drum music great, try your hand at what captures your imagination, and discover your unique offering.
Best drum songs of all time
- ‘Paradise City’ by Guns N’ Roses
- ‘Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag’ by James Brown
- ‘Breezeblocks’ by Alt-J
- ‘Highway to Hell’ by AC/DC
- Drum of Orfeo by Marta Ptaszyńska
- ‘Virtual Insanity’ by Jamiroquai
- ‘Go Your Own Way’ by Fleetwood Mac
- ‘Baby Love’ by The Supremes
- ‘No One Knows’ by Queens of the Stone Age
- ‘Comfortably Numb’ by Pink Floyd