From the cradle of rock to its pinnacle, from hard to soft and prog to punk, these tracks touch all corners of a broad and diverse musical genre. Many of them are easy piano rock songs suitable for beginners, but some will present challenges for advanced players too.
The piano might not be most closely associated with this particular style of music, but the instrument has played no less vital a part in rock’s history and development. Here we’re looking at the pieces of music that best support that claim.
Premium sheet music for each and every one of them can be found in the nkoda library. Just follow the links to see these arrangements, find out how this incredible music is put together, and take the first step towards becoming a jaw-dropping rock pianist.
Best rock songs to play on piano
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ by Queen
- ‘Songbird’ by Fleetwood Mac
- ‘Desperado’ by the Eagles
- ‘Blueberry Hill’ by Fats Domino
- ‘A Whiter Shade of Pale’ by Procol Harum
- ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’ by Journey
- ‘Because the Night’ by Patti Smith Group
- ‘Perfect’ Day by Lou Reed
- ‘You Are So Beautiful’ by Billy Preston
- ‘I’ll Stand by You’ by the Pretenders