Are you a rookie bassist dreaming big? Fingers crossed that you are - the world’s always in need of more awesome bass-players.
This article tees up some content that’s ideal for ambitious newcomers, which comes in the shape of ten songs - ten iconic pieces of music that’ll function as a platform on which to build your bass-playing skills.
To ensure that you’re introduced to a range of challenges, these tunes span a variety of genres, from classic soul to contemporary rock. They’ll help you not only to develop a balanced playing ability, but also to prepare yourself for the challenges to come - regardless of the kind of player you want to be.
Most of the parts are written out in tab as well as staff notation. If you’re not comfortable with either system then you ought to have a quick look at how to read bass sheet music. Remember - standard tuning, unless otherwise indicated.
Easy bass guitar songs for beginners
- ‘Wish You Were Here’ by Pink Floyd
- ‘Take Me to the River’ by Al Green
- ‘I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor’ by Arctic Monkeys
- ‘That’s All Right’ by Arthur Crudup
- ‘Lucky’ by Radiohead
- ‘Left of Center’ by Suzanne Vega
- ‘Arrivederci, Roma’ by Renato Rascel
- ‘Proud Mary’ by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- All the Small Things’ by Blink-182
- ‘The Twist’ by Chubby Checker